What Is a Safety Group?
State law allows employers in similar industries to reduce their workers’ compensation premiums by purchasing their coverage as a group. Texas Mutual underwrites the policies in the group and a TAM affiliate administers and markets the group.
What’s in it for you as a Texas Manufacturer?
- Receive an up-front 12.4% premium discount.
- Receive up to an additional 12.00% discount for choosing Texas Mutual’s workers’ comp health care network (for qualifying employers).
- Potential to receive Texas Mutual individual policyholder dividends and safety group dividends. The TAM Safety Group dividend history can be found here.(1)
- Industry-specific safety plan, interactive safety tools, safety e-learning, and loss prevention seminars.
- You retain your own policy and experience.
- You maintain your relationship with your insurance agent.
- Benefits of a grassroots membership in the Texas Association of Manufacturers.
How can you find out if you qualify?
Have your workers’ comp agent/broker ask Texas Mutual for a no obligation quote in the Texas Association of Manufacturers Safety Group.
What is the Membership Requirement?
Grassroots membership ($100/year) in the Texas Association of Manufacturers is required.(2)
(1)Past dividends are not a guarantee of future dividends. The Texas Department of Insurance must approve all dividends.
(2)TAM membership does not guarantee policy approval in the TAM Safety Group. All policies must go through the Texas Mutual underwriting process.